Sunday, October 9, 2016

Weekend with Prophets and Apostles

General Conference was last weekend and was different this year than other.  Mostly because we are 7 hours removed from Salt Lake.  It was strange to spend Saturday and Sunday doing our normal things. (Sunday we had friends over for lunch instead of dinner)  We ate dinner a bit earlier those days since Conference started at 5 pm.  Saturday, after a bit of deliberation, Hyrum and i did watch the Saturday afternoon session.  I am so glad I did.  It was an answer to prayers.  The Priesthood session was a little late for Hyrum--1 am--so he watched that Sunday morning instead.

Play video
https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2016/10/the-perfect-path-to-happiness

It was a great weekend and a good time with our family and friends.  I am so grateful for living prophets.  I learn something about the gospel and myself every time we watch and listen to their words. Today I was pondering 2 Nephi 32:3.  I believe that the men and women who spoke during conference are those angels and they speak the words of Christ.  Their words will draw us near to God and a happier life now and in the life to come.

No comments: